First of all let me say I hate selfish people. The inauguration of the museum for Argentinos Juniors wasn't quite what I expected. Let me clarify, I went for two reasons. First, that the man heading the creation of the museum is the same one that has helped me soooo much with my thesis, Dario. So I thought that helping with this was the LEAST I could do to repay him. Second, obviously because soccer gods from past years were going to be there. ugh. Ok. Well I got there early...simply b/c I wasn't on the guest list I was afraid if I didn't I wouldn't be able to get in. I was looking for something to do so I wouldn't feel completely useless. I did a last minute sweep of the floor, helped move some supplies out of the room, and one of the women on the committee, Mariana, says to me, "Help me operate this stand where we're going to sell some of the books written by members and some other little museum trinkets? I'd like another pair of eyes. I'm only one person and they're going to be a lot of people there. Don't want anyone to just walk up and take anything." Ok...so originally I was like "Good. I can make myself useful."
Um...more like she meant to say to me, "Can you operate the stand yourself while me and my boyfriend go take pictures with all the famous people that are going to be there??" I did not get ONE photo in until after all the super oober famous players had all gone in. 5 players from the 2009 team were there, Maradona was there for like a second and a half, but all his family stayed there a while, Peckerman, Peterzoli, Sainz, 3 players from the 1960 team, a couple of mayors, Redondo...and they were ALL posing for photos. Did I get out of this stand to get any pics?? Oh no. Meanwhile I stood watching this woman get all these photos in and of course I wasn't going to leave b/c then anyone could've taken anything b/c I was the only other one watching it. It just burned me up so much.
I mean...this woman is on a first name basis with everyone on the team. She's sat down and talked with like all of the coaching staff...like I HAVE TWO MORE WEEKS HERE. She'll have the rest of her life time to take those pics. but noooo....lets put the american to watch the stand. Ughhh.
Dario also forgot to name me among those who had collaborated with the museum. So the hours I spent shining trophies and cleaning the dirtiest places in the museum went unrecognized. That kinda ticked me off too.....but I can forgive that because Dario has had sooooooo much on his mind this past week that I understand he was nervous and preoccupied. Plus, he must've apologized like 10 times.
So I have a few pics of the last minute preparations. I also got to chat briefly with the man who holds the record for the most goals scored during a single game for the team and got a picture with him. Also...the man who is the official historian for the team (who originally really ticked me off by not showing up to an interview after I had traveled over an hour on public transportation in 90 degree weather) who is also a doctor agreed to look at my knee and my shins...which are currently bothering me again. :) So it wasn't a total waste.
I got in all the pictures of the whole museum committee which will go on the team's official website...so you could say I went down in the clubs history. But the whole picture dilemma was still a little bit of a let down. *sigh* Guess i can't have everything, right??
So I"m finished with all my work now and I have the next two weeks to really enjoy myself!! That's all for now in Buenos Aires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment