Thursday, May 7, 2009

For All Mothers

As this Mother's Day approaches, I'd like to share with you all a little something that I read.

"My mother has been in perpetual motion since she was wheeled out of the delivery room. To attend four ball games a week, church services three times a week, and at least one community function each week took planning and determination. My earliest memories include seeing my mother hanging clothes on the clothesline at dawn before she left for work, folding clothes while she cooked dinner, addressing get well cards at a ball game, canning beets while she drilled us on fractions, baking cookies for school while she prepared to teach her Sunday school class, and listening to the news while she mopped the floor. When others said they didn't have time to volunteer for this or that project, mother made time.
She modeled personal productivity that would make the experts pale. Can I do less?"

I can't speak for everyone, but my mother is the embodiment of all I could ever wish to be. Sometiems I take her for granted, but without her I would never be where I am today. So I encourage you all to let your mother's know just how much you care, not just this Sunday but every day.

1 comment: