I am currently at the polideportivo of Argentinos Juniors with massive shin splints, no will to take notes on political science before the press office opens at four, and feeling like another bon-o-bon alfajor. As such...thought I'd write another blog entry about the "Whys" of Argentina.
Upon leaving this country December 11 I am sure I will not have figured out....
1) Why fotocopiadoras exist if photocopying here is just as illegal as it is in any other country.
2) Why there are people that walk 15 dogs at a time and don't pick up the poop from any one of them.
3) Why people wash their sidewalks IN THE RAIN!!!
4) Why no one pays attention to no smoking signs.
5) Why I Argentine men don't know how to holla at a woman correctly. (I mean, let's be realistic, I have only met one Argentine man who doesn't think he's doing a woman a favor by cat calling at her in the street)
6) Why NO ONE is ever on time to anything regardless of whether or not they're taking public transportation to get where they're going.( I swear the time thing gets worse proportional to how far south of the equator you are)
7) Why the first part of the asado at restaurants is always delicious and the second piece is always fat.
8) WHY IN THE WORLD YOU GET ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING DELIEVERED HERE.
9) Why NO ONE ever answers e-mails.
10) Why blind people would ever be allowed on subways (not trying to be discriminatory here, people, but lets get real, that's kinda dangerous!)
11) Why the dogs are dressed better than I am.
12) Why on earth all Argentine dogs are so well behaved and can walk around without a leash.
13)Why Maradona is still considered a god if 1) his career was cut short by his own stupidity and 2) he can't even coach the national team correctly and should be thanking God day in and day out that they beat Uruguay yesterday
14) Why the candy here is sooo much more delicious than in the USA.
and most of all...
15) WHY CHRISTINA KIRCHNER IS SO DUMB...WHERE IS THIS WOMAN'S HEAD AT???
So that's my list. I'm sure there are more unresolved questions that I will go little by little adding. But yes this is a very interesting company full of compexities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment